Friday, December 10, 2010

Mos Def - The Estatic (320) (2009)


This album is better than you. From the opening Malcom X soundbite to the closing piano of Casa Bey, there really isn't a track that isn't worth listening to. So listen to them. The samples, production, and lyrics are all great. Though obviously, his pseudo-singing and odd choices for delivery at some points will certainly be off-putting to some. But screw them.

I love this album more than I love my own wife. Or at least I would, if I was married.


What was I talking about again?





Oh, right!



I didn't know we were playing fight night!

3 comments:

  1. Well,I usually don't enjoy hip-hop but you convinced me to hear this.Nice!And thanks for an older Bill Hicks post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed the album, it's always great when a musical risk pans out.

    ReplyDelete